What personal information do we collect from the people that visit our website or app?
Users of our website (urbanafireplaces.com) may voluntarily submit some PII in certain contact or warranty registration forms, at their own discretion.
When do we collect information?
We collect detailed information from you when you actively enter information on our website. Some features may request your geolocation coordinates in order to work. Google Analytics has been implemented to track some generalized information such as pages viewed or site features utilized.
How do we use your information?
We may use the information we collect from you when you register product, surf the website, or use certain other site features in the following ways:
- “Request A Dealer Call Back” contact requests via urbanafireplaces.com may be forwarded to the Distributor for your territory or an authorized dealer near your location if provided, at the Distributor’s discretion.
- “Become A Dealer” contact requests via urbanafireplaces.com are used by Sales Managers and potentially communicated to territory Distributors.
- Warranty Registration information is stored in a database and not shared with outside parties. It may occasionally be used as reference to confirm applicable warranties.
- Some website and app features may request geolocation coordinates; this information is not permanently stored or provided to outside parties.
- Google Analytics has been implemented on urbanafireplaces.com to record user interest within our website. Analytics reports may be used internally to evaluate product interest or the public’s engagement with certain website features. Such information may include:
- the user’s general location, such as City, Province/State or Country. Specific addresses are not recorded or reported on by Analytics.
- pages viewed within the site, by unique viewer count.
- some general device information such as display resolution, web browser used, manufacturer or type of device.
Do we use ‘cookies’?
Google Analytics has been implemented on urbanafireplaces.com and may use first-party cookies to identify unique visitors and report on browsing behavior within our site.
You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies for your own peace of mind. You do this through your browser settings. Since each browser is a little different, look at your browser’s Help Menu to learn the correct way to modify your cookies.
If you turn cookies off, some of the features that make your site experience more efficient may not function properly.
For more information on Google Analytics tracking, safeguards, and means of opting out please refer to Google Support.
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your Personally Identifiable Information if provided.
We do not include or offer third-party products or services on our website.
Google Analytics has been implemented to measure user’s browsing behavior with limited general location or device information. For more information on Google Analytics data collection and means of opting out please refer to Google Support.
We have not enabled Google AdSense on our site but we may do so in the future.
Google’s advertising requirements can be summed up by Google’s Advertising Principles. They are put in place to provide a positive experience for users.
California Online Privacy Protection Act
According to CalOPPA, we agree to the following:
Users can visit our site anonymously.
You may change your personal information:
- By emailing us
How does our site handle Do Not Track signals?
Google Analytics will track user behavior within our website unless the user opts out with an appropriate Do Not Track signal. Refer to Google Support for more information.
Does our site allow third-party behavioral tracking?
Behavioral tracking is limited to the implementation of Google Analytics and is not shared with any additional outside parties.
COPPA (Children Online Privacy Protection Act)
When it comes to the collection of personal information from children under the age of 13 years old, the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) puts parents in control. The Federal Trade Commission, United States’ consumer protection agency, enforces the COPPA Rule, which spells out what operators of websites and online services must do to protect children’s privacy and safety online.
Do we let third-parties, including ad networks or plug-ins collect PII from children under 13?
We do not specifically market to children under the age of 13 years old or utilize any features to collect such PII.
In order to be in line with Fair Information Practices we will take the following responsive action, should a data breach occur:
We will notify you via email within 7 business days.
We also agree to the Individual Redress Principle which requires that individuals have the right to legally pursue enforceable rights against data collectors and processors who fail to adhere to the law. This principle requires not only that individuals have enforceable rights against data users, but also that individuals have recourse to courts or government agencies to investigate and/or prosecute non-compliance by data processors.
CAN SPAM Act
The CAN-SPAM Act is a law that sets the rules for commercial email, establishes requirements for commercial messages, gives recipients the right to have emails stopped from being sent to them, and spells out tough penalties for violations.
We collect your email address in order to:
Reply to a request for information as initiated by you, or to contact you regarding your product registration if necessary. Urbana Fireplaces does not send unsolicited emails to consumers.
To be in accordance with CANSPAM, we agree to the following:
If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will promptly remove you from ALL correspondence.
6782 Oldfield Road
Saanichton, BC V8M 2A3